Somerville is a non-government, not for profit, youth, family and community welfare organisation based in the Northern Territory. Our mission is to impact positively on the dignity and quality of life of people who are affected by social and economic disadvantage. We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic leaders with a 'can do' attitude to join our family friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
About the role
The Katherine Regional Manager will provide oversight of and supervision to the Housing and Homelessness and Financial Counselling services programs and work with the General Manager Community Services in the development of potential business growth.
The Katherine Regional Manager will maintain an active caseload with the Financial Counselling Services program.
The Katherine Regional Manager will provide on the ground support and guidance on an as needed basis to the Katherine Disability Services program staff in consultation with the Manager Disability Services Operations and or the Director of Disability.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in human and community services
- Relevant qualification/experience working in financial counselling or relevant finance experience - or commitment to complete Diploma of Financial Counselling within a 12 month period.
- Sound knowledge of consumer banking, financial systems and relevant legislation.
- Proven creative and effective management, leadership and teambuilding skills.
- Highly developed written and oral communication, negotiation, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Highly developed organisational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage and meet the demands of multiple tasks, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism in the confidential management of all organisational, client and employee information.
- Three relevant references, including current or most recent manager.
- Current Northern Territory Drivers Licence and the ability to travel independently.
- Current National Criminal History Check.
- Working with Children Clearance (NT Ochre Card).
- First Aid Certificate.
- Vaccinations - Influenza, Hepatitis A and B.
To apply for the position
Please refer to the job description for all details.
Applicants are to complete a Somerville Employment Application Form, include an up to date resume and include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in the job description.
For more information please contact Manager, People & Culture on 08 8920 4100.
Somerville is an equal opportunity employer providing a smoke free environment and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.