Somerville is a non-government, not for profit, youth, family and community welfare organisation based in the Northern Territory. Our mission is to impact positively on the dignity and quality of life of people who are affected by social and economic disadvantage. We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic leaders with a 'can do' attitude to join our family friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
About the role
To provide community based supported accommodation for people with disabilities in Alice Springs
Work as part of a team to realise the needs, wants, desires and aspirations of the people we support.
- Commitment to assist those disadvantaged in and damaged by our society through appropriate service delivery models
- Sound communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Commitment to cross cultural awareness
- High level of professionalism including the confidential management of all organisational, service user and employee information
- Commitment to work to Organisation policies and procedures
- Comply with Somerville’s Code of Conduct
- Implement Occupational Health Safety practices
- Commitment to continuous organisational and professional development
- Relevant experience working in human and community services
- Prior experience working with someone with high physical support needs
- Relevant qualifications in human and community services and or willingness to obtain them within an agreed timeframe
- Able to demonstrate an understanding the impact that disability has on a person’s life
- Understanding, ability and willingness to implement Person-Centred Practices
- First Aid
- Criminal History Check
- Working With Children Clearance
- Vaccinations – Influenza, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B
To apply for the position
Please refer to the job description for all details.
Applicants are to complete a Somerville Employment Application Form, include an up to date resume and include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in the job description.
For more information please contact Manager, People & Culture on 08 8920 4100.
Closing date: 13 July 2020
Somerville is an equal opportunity employer providing a smoke free environment and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.