Somerville Community Accommodation Service provides transitional supported accommodation for homeless people with a focus on families who are unable to access alternative accommodation. We aim to assist people to live independently in the community and secure more permanent accommodation.
People work within a case management framework, using a collaborative approach, to determine their needs and provide a structure for achieving them.
The service provides:
- Limited medium term supported accommodation available in Palmerston for homeless families and individuals.
- Assistance in locating secure and more permanent accommodation.
- Counselling, support and practical assistance as required.
- Outreach support.
- Assistance in developing independent living skills.
- Information and referrals regarding community housing resources.